Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eating Goose in Ximen

I didn't have to work until 5:30 today, so I decided to explore Ximen (pronounced She-men).  Ximen is the part of Taipei that my friend Suzanne compared to boys town in Chicago.  AKA an LGBT friendly neighborhood, which are always a good time!  


I walked around for a bit, did some shopping, and explored a temple I found tucked away amongst the shops.



Later, my fabulous Austrian flatmate, Valentin, met up with me to eat one of the best Taiwanese restaurants in Ximen, found in a small alley off the main road.  It is known for its goose and is apparently all the rage amongst the Taiwanese in the area.  So much so that we would not have gotten a seat had it not been 2 p.m., a very strange time of day for lunch around here.  I have no idea what it is called, but took a picture of the sign... 


  Hopefully I will be able to pronounce this soon and know what it says!

I ordered Goose Udon Noodle Soup!



Mmmm... I am getting good at this Chop Stick and Noodle thing!


  Vali enjoyed his too!

According to Vali, the thing to order here is the goose.  You can order it on the side, and in your soup, the variety of options compare to the different types of shrimp in Forrest Gump

On another note,  Vali has great tips on Taiwanese food and is a true Austrian who likes to wear lederhosen... Here is is modeling his grandfathers lederhosen! 



Haha those crazy Austrians!!



Lederhosen are amazing... no other traditional ensemble brings such joy to all! 



Image Via lanceberger@blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH Lederhosen. Miss you darlin, I love reading your blog. xox Julia

    ReplyDelete